Conventional kiteboarding harnesses have a major flaw in how they function, and the Armor harness solves it exceptionally well. Riders are often forced to rotate their harnesses from side to side to get pull from the proper angle when carving upwind, riding toeside or catching waves. That range of motion requires a looseness in the harness that also allows vertical and torsional movement, resulting in rider discomfort, constricted breathing, pull from the wrong angle and a variety of other issues. With the Armor’s hard-shell Lumbar Lock technology, the harness does not rotate or slide; it locks in place and stays exactly where it should. This means lateral motion must come from the spreader bar.
The slider bar is a spreader bar, rope and pad system that connects directly with the rider’s chicken loop. This setup is totally unique and provides a smooth and full range of motion, allowing the harness’s lumbar lock technology to work its magic while rider changes angles of attack, carves upwind, rides toeside and slashes waves.
• Pre-curved and ergonomic stainless steel construction
• Connects directly to chicken loop for fluid riding experiences
• Allows for better range of motion, optimal body position
• A must-have for surfers and hooked-in riders
• Compatible with all Ride Engine harnesses