2018 Airush Union III
The all-new Union III has been re-designed from the bottom up to improve key areas. The Union delivers even more lift and hangtime when going for Big Air, along with quicker and more responsive steering. The shape has been refined for 2018, to sit slightly further forward in the window whilst retaining the light and ultra-responsive steering. A new wing-tip design prevents back stalling while the increased linear power delivery has made it even more suitable for freeriding, freestyle and wave riders alike. The Union is the natural step up for the Lithium user looking for increased jumping performance and quicker depower response, or for the freestyle rider wanting unhooked performance with the usability of increased depower and a more forgiving feel.
- Intergrated Dyneema: Central to the concept of the load frame are the Lightweight Dyneema Yarns, where each single yarn can carry almost 40KG of load. These are integrated into the canopy through a reinforced taping that allows them to elongate when under extreme load, absorbing most of the shock that traditionally would have run through the canopy. At the same time, they carry the primary load of the canopy, preventing stretch and increasing long-term performance.
- Technoforce D2: This premium fabric is used in conjunction with the Dyneema Load Frame for the ultimate combination of durability and performance. Ongoing testing has highlighted the lowest stretch and UV Stability, along with the highest long-term reliability of any fabric available.
- XL Deflate/Inflate Valve: The XL Inflate/Deflate Valve features an insanely easy and fast way to inflate and deflate your kite. The large opening creates maximum flow of air and reduces fatigue and stress on your pump. This in conjunction with the Airush High Velocity Pump makes inflating your kite extremely fast to get you on the water as quickly as possible!
- Safety Handles: On all Airush kites, the emergency safety handles are provided on each wingtips. This maximize the control and security when performing self-rescuing
- Airush Bumpers: Airush Bumpers are found throughout the leading edge of the kites to reduce wear and increase durability on rough surfaces. These bumpers are key for increasing the lifespan of Airush kites.
- Kevlar Reinforcement: Kevlar, found in bullet proof vests, is found throughout the Airush kites. These Kevlar reinforcements are only put in the most critical areas to protect from wearing while still minimizing weight which affects the kites performance.
- FBI One Pump Valves: The oversized SPIS Calve (Single Point Inflation System) optimizes inflation and deflation. The Fast Bladder Inflation features increased wall thickness and oversized diameter tubing, which eliminates tube kink and reduces stress on your pump, resulting in a quick and easy inflation.
- Rear Line Adjustment: The Rear Line Adjustment featured on all Airush Kites allows for quick changes in the kites bar pressure and response. With adjustment towards "High" the kite will have increase bar pressure and decrease turning speed. Moving back towards the rear of the wingtip will decrease bar pressure and increase turning speed. Smaller kites have 3 bar pressure settings, larger kites only have medium and low bar pressure options available.
- Airush Pullys: Made of tough Zytel material for high strength and resistance to abrasion and impact, the Airush Pulley has the pigtails hole directionally correct to eliminate bridle wear. With a breaking strength of 550 kg, the pulley was designed specifically for use on all Airush kites.